SCOPE & CONSENT
- This policy describes our practices with respect to personal data collected via our platform Stockars, mobile application and associated services and tools, where users may register with us, create a profile, post or surf online classifieds listings, enter into transactions with other customers, and perform a host of associated functions. In all cases we shall comply with applicable provisions of data protection law in the jurisdictions where we operate. This Policy is subject to the laws of India.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOST
- Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on our site, we require certain information such as a valid email address and password. In addition, users may create a profile that includes information such as their geography, first and last name, gender, phone number, interests and associated information, including photos they may wish to upload. Where a user has decided to login to our site using a third-party authentication service such as Facebook Connect, we may also receive additional profile or other information authorized by that application.
- Listings and Transactions: We host the information, including personal information and contact information, necessary to enable buyer and seller transactions on our platform, and to enable payments.
- Games, Advertising and Promotions: We may collect personal information such as your name and contact information when you participate in games, quizzes or other marketing promotions we sponsor on our site or on third-party sites. We may also process information related to the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns, including what ads are viewed and clicked either on our network or on third-party sites.
- Customer Care: When you contact our customer care department, we will collect the personal information necessary to fulfill your request and to contact you for follow up as needed.
- Website and Mobile Data: We automatically receive and log information on our servers from your browser or device including your IP address, software and hardware attributes, pages that you request, mobile identifiers, information about app usage, and other device or systems-level information.
- Appended Information: We may also append information we lawfully obtain from business partners or third parties to existing data we hold about our users.
IP ADDRESS, COOKIES & MOBILE IDENTIFIERS:
- We collect certain information through technology like cookies, pixels and local storage (like on your browser or device). Cookies are small text files that store information on your computer, mobile phone or other device locally. Pixels are small blocks of code on webpages that do things like allow another server to measure viewing of a webpage and often are used in connection with cookies.
- With the help of cookies, the web server can save, for instance, preferences and settings on the user’s computer, mobile phone or other device which are then automatically restored on the next visit. Or to put it another way, the cookies are used, among other things, to make the use of the site more user-friendly so that, for instance, you do not have to repeat the log-in process when you visit again. We use both persistent cookies and session cookies. Whereas persistent cookies remain on your computer for a longer period of time, session cookies are automatically deleted when the browser window is closed.
USE OF THIS INFORMATION
- We may use the information we collect and host for the following general purposes:
- (i) to provide customer services, including to create and manage user accounts, to resolve technical difficulties and to enable features;
- (ii) to customize offers and experiences, including advertising;
- (iii) to monitor general and individual user activity, such as keyword searches, postings and transactional activity, and to manage traffic on the Website;
- (iv) to contact our users;
- (v) to undertake research initiatives and to perform analytics to improve our services; and
- We may retain information that we collect and observe on our network for as long as is required to fulfill the above business objectives, even after account termination.
- As a matter of policy we do not rent, sell, or share personal information about our users with non-affiliated third parties unless we have our users’ specific permission to do so, or in the following circumstances:
- We reserve the right to share information with private or public authorities that will enable us to fight fraud and abuse on our network, to investigate suspected violations of law, or to fight any other suspected breach of our terms of service.
- In the event that our business or a division of our business is sold, or we transfer all or substantially all of our assets to a new owner, your personal information may be transferred to the buyer to enable continuity of service.
- We may share personal information with government authorities as required by applicable law.
- We may share certain non-personal information (data that does not identify our users individually) with third-party service providers, trusted partners or approved researchers in order to better understand what advertisements or services may interest you, to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of our services or their services, or to contribute to academic research that we believe is of broader social benefit.
- Access, Correction and Deletion: For users that have created an account or listing with us, you can access, correct or delete the information you provided in the [user settings section] of our website/app. You are responsible for keeping the data you provide or post on our network accurate. If your account was created through an identity provider (e.g. Facebook Connect) you may also disable or change the account information through the settings offered by the identity provider (e.g. on Facebook.com). Listings information can be modified or deleted in the [‘your listings’] section of our website/app.
- Third Party Choice: Certain third parties active on our site, e.g. Google Adwords, give you the ability to opt out of their collection and use of information for interest-based advertising. You can visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com or http://www.networkadvertising.org to learn more about this practice and to exercise choices over how this type of information may be collected and used.
- Cookies: Most major desktop and mobile web browsers (eg Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Opera) provide controls that allow you to limit or block the setting of cookies on your systems. Note that disabling cookies in your browser for either first-party domains (the sites you actively visit) or third-party domains (companies other than those you directly visit on the Web) may result in decreased functionality in certain instances.
- All information we collect is protected by reasonable technical means and reasonable security procedures in order to prevent unauthorized access or use of data. Our affiliates, trusted partners and third-party service providers have committed to manage the information in accordance with our requirements for security and privacy.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- Questions about this policy can be directed to our team via our Contact form.